Setting Up Your Email Newsletter
Our automated monthly email newsletter is a great way to stay in touch with your contacts without lifting a finger. Use it to stay top of mind and build trusting relationships with prospects, customers, and anyone you do business with. It will help increase your quote requests, referrals, and customer retention.
Here's how it works:
The newsletter goes out once a month to all of your contacts. We create the newsletter automatically by taking any new blog posts added to your site in the month, the top social media posts you made in the month, and your customized header and footer messages. These get put into an email newsletter that is sent out on the day you specify.
Setting up your newsletters:
On the newsletter page, there's a link to open settings in the upper left. When you click open that link, you can adjust the following:
1. "Default From Email" - This is the email address your newsletter comes from.
2. "Default Subject" - If you want a specific subject, enter it here. Otherwise, our system will create one from your newsletter content.
3. "Send every" - Specify the day of the month you want your newsletter to go out.
4. "Limit Blog Post?" - By default, we include every new post added to your blog. If you want to limit the number of blog posts that go out, select this and specify the number.
5. "Send Newsletter?" - Uncheck this if you don't want your newsletter to go out.
6. "Max Shared Links" - This is the number of links shared via social media posts that will be included in the newsletter. We always choose the top clicked on links.
7. "Headline" - This is the headline at the top of your newsletter.
8. "Intro" - This appears at the top of your newsletter. Set a default here and then you can edit each newsletter's intro if you'd like a specific message to appear.
9. "Footer Headline" - This is the headline at the bottom of your newsletter.
10. "Footer Body" - This appears at the bottom of your newsletter. Set a default here and then you can edit each newsletter's intro if you'd like a specific message to appear.
Previewing and editing this month's newsletter:
Once you've set up the items above, you can preview how your newsletter will look. You can also override your header, footer, and subject line. To preview and edit your newsletter, click on "Preview/Edit" in the green box at the top of the newsletter page.