Setting up a Facebook Pixel
The Facebook pixel is a small piece of code you add to your website that lets you measure, optimize and build audiences for your Facebook ad campaigns (more details here). Adding a Facebook pixel to your AgentMethods website is easy. Here's how to do it:
1. Get your pixel from Facebook.
- Go to your Pixels tab in Events Manager.
- Click Create a Pixel.
2. Add the pixel to your website
- Go to Site Settings in the AgentMethods control panel.
- Paste the pixel code provided by Facebook above into the bottom of the "Page Header Code" field on site settings. Make sure you paste it below anything already there - you may need to scroll down.
- Click on Save Site Settings
That's it! This will add the pixel to every page on your site. If you want to get fancy, you can also track events. Here's how:
3. Setting up event tracking (optional - it's easier than it looks)
- Go to the Pixels tab in Events Manager, and then:
- Click Set Up Pixel.
- Click Manually Install the Code Yourself.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install Events.
- Click the toggle icon next to an event you'd like to track.
- Select Track Event on Page Load
- Add event parameters, like Conversion Value or Currency, to measure additional information about your event (Recommended)
- Copy the event code onto your site in one of two places:
- To track form submissions, go to the Contact Form page on the AgentMethods control panel, modify the form, and paste the event code into the "Conversion Tracking Code" box under Form Settings.
- To track visits to a specific page, edit the page, click into the page contents, and then select "Insert/Embed Media" from the toolbar (the icon looks like a movie strip). Then paste the code under the Embed tab. Say OK and then save the page.
Let us know if you have trouble!