How To Add Custom Written Articles To Your Website
We understand that sometimes you just want to be able to write your own articles for your website. In fact, we actively encourage our clients to do exactly that.
In this small video tutorial, our support team will show you how to achieve this process and get started:
For clients who are unable to watch the video tutorial, here's our written instructions on how to get your article onto your website.
- First, log in to your AgentMethods Administrator Dashboard.
- On the menu on the left-hand side of your screen, select the "Website" option.
- You should see a new page appear that has "Sections" written on it with a black menu of options. That black menu shows the navigation sections that will appear on your website's navigation bar. Click on the section where you want to place your article.
- Once you're in that particular section, you should see a list of articles that are already present. Above that list, will be a set of buttons. Click on the button that says "Add A Blank Page."
- You should land on a brand new "Page Settings" pop up. You'll need to fill out the "Page Title" box, and ensure that the "Navigation Selection" is on the correct category that you choose in the admin dashboard (it should be the default section that you had already selected).
- (Side note: If you would like to add in specific keywords for your article, place them inside the "Meta Keyword" box and separate them with a comma. If you want to give a brief description of what the article will be about, you can add that in the "Meta Description" box as well.)
- Click "Save" on the pop-up window when you've filled out those options.
- Once it's saved, you'll see "+ New Component" on the new page. Click on it. You'll see a "Quick Start" menu appear. You'll need to click on the "Text Block" option from the list of options at the top of that page.
- Select the specific "Text Block" option you want to write on.
- Once it's been selected, please click on the new component text that has appeared and you can either write your article from scratch or you can begin the process of coping it from your word document, and pasting it over into the new component.
- After you're done creating your article, go to the top of the page and click the green "Publish" button. From there, your new article will be saved and live on your website.
If you have any other questions about how to add your own articles and content to your website, just send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our support team will be happy to assist you further!