How To Create New Sections To Your Navigation Bar & Content From Library
Creating a new section on your website's navigation bar has never been simpler!
We've made the video below showing you how to create new sections on your website. If you're unable to watch it, don't fret! Below the video is the written instructions so you can get started right away.
For clients who would like written instructions instead:
- Log into your AgentMethods administrator dashboard at https://app.agentmethods.com.
- Click on "Website" on the left-hand side menu.
- Once you are on the Website option, please insure you are on the "Manage Pages" subsection. On that page, look for "Sections" and the black stacked boxes. These show all of your website sections options.
- (Pro-Tip: You can move the black boxes by simply dragging and dropping them, to rearrange the order of your navigation bar!)
- Look for the orange button that says "Add Section" and click on it.
- Fill out the "Title" box with your new section title that you want.
- (Pro-Tip: Fill up your library with content right on that same pop up. To do so, click the drop down menu on the option "Default Pages From" and choosing the subject in which this section is for.)
- Click "Save Section" button at the bottom of the pop-up box.
Please keep in mind the new section will NOT appear on your website's navigation bar until you add contents to it. You can either add a page of your choice from the content library, or from content you manually add in the "Add a blank page" button.
The following instructions, will help you learn how to manually add pages to your section from the content library:
- If you would like to add a page from the content library, click on the black box that is for the brand new section you just created.
- Select the "Add A Page From Library" option.
- At the top of that page, you'll see an option for "Category" with a drop down menu. Click on that menu and select the subject you would like to use for that section. For example, if your new section is titled "Auto", select the "Auto/Vehicle" category from the drop down menu. Review the articles that have now appeared for you. Click the "Add To Site" option on any article you would like in that section of your website.
- Once you're done, open your website in a new browser tab (the easiest way to do this is clicking on the "Visit Your Site" button at the top of your page). Your new section should appear on your navigation bar! From there, double check the new section to ensure all new articles have been placed on the website as well!
If you're having any trouble at all, please let us know and send us an email at: email@example.com and our support team will be more than happy to assist you.